(KINYARWANDA (MANDATORY) / FRENCH / ENGLISH)
- Salary: RWF 450,000 – 600,000 (net)
- Location: Kigali OR Bujumbura OR Work from Home
- Full time, contract (no part-time)
- Start date: End July, Beginning August
Background of the project
- Gusoma Technology is looking to hire consultants for a market/technical research of 500 people in Rwanda and Burundi. The aim is to better understand the characteristics of people writing in Kinyarwanda from a gender perspective. A gender specialist is needed to advice and support the team.
- Reports in Kinyarwanda + English/French
- Handbook of Gender in Kinyarwanda
- Explanatory videos in Kinyarwanda
- any other deliverable when needed
- BA/MA/PhD or any relevant qualifications in Gender Studies or closely related fields.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in development sector (NGOs, CSO), with at least 5 years’ experience with women’s economic empowerment, and/or gender/social inclusion related job.
- Extra bonus 1 : previously employed by relevant agencies advocating/supporting Women and/or Youth and/or People in rural areas in Rwanda and Burundi.
- Extra bonus 2 : previously employed by USAID, DFID, AFD, UNDP, SAFE, Caritas, CRS etc.
- Experience with issues around digital inclusion, rural areas, low skilled users, adult learning and training, cooperatives, education, gender, women/youth empowerment, literacy program, modernization of practices & employment.
- Provide direct technical assistance and guidance on women’s economic empowerment to the program and its delivery partners.
- Support the development of tools, systems, processes and approaches that continuously improve technical excellence and impact in the area of transformative approaches to women’s economic empowerment.
- Participate in the design and delivery of the research.
- Lead, coordinate, support, and/or conduct gender and power analyses, effectiveness and efficacy studies, appraisal, evaluation and needs assessments as required by the program.
- Assist with quantitative/qualitative assessments in targeted communities to assess effectiveness of interventions and impact.
- Support delivery partners to understand the role of gender equality and women’s economic empowerment for the Program impact groups.
- Ensure gender equality and women’s economic empowerment criteria are well integrated into market-systems approaches.
- Facilitate and support a strong learning and knowledge sharing community around gender-transformative practices amongst delivery partners.
- Represent work being done in gender-transformation and women’s economic empowerment under the Program in relevant internal and external forums.
How to apply
- send your cv to email@example.com + title of the job
- send a message on Linkedin to André F. Nisin
- if you have been referred by someone in Rwanda please don’t forget to write his/her name+phone number!
WE ARE ACTIVELY HIRING
IT COULD BE YOU OR YOUR FRIEND
REFERRAL INCENTIVE RWF 5,000 : please refer your friend and once he/she hired we will send you RWF5000 airtime : MTN/Airtel!