(KINYARWANDA (MANDATORY) / FRENCH / ENGLISH)
- Salary: RWF 700,000 – 750,000 (net)
- Location: Kigali (office/home based) and sometimes countryside
- Full time, Contract (no part-time)
- Start date: End July, Beginning August 2020
- Length : 2 months to 12 months depending of the needs.
Background of the project
- Gusoma Technology is looking to hire consultants to perform a market/technical research in Rwanda and Burundi. The goal is to achieve 500 surveys and 50 one to one interviews with Senior Leaders, in Rwanda and Burundi.
- Gusoma aims to better understand the characteristics of people writing in Kinyarwanda and Kirundi from multiple perspectives.
- An experienced Senior Researcher is needed to ensure the success of this project and write the reports.
- Reports in Kinyarwanda + English/French
- Handbook of expertise in Kinyarwanda
- Explanatory videos in Kinyarwanda
- Translation Kinyarwanda, French, English
- any other deliverable when defined at the start of the project
- Work well under pressure, high level of stress and thigh deadline. With competitive deadlines, multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to multi tasks and to get the ‘job done’ whatever the circumstances.
- Your mission will be to help Gusoma develop innovative new products and services, as well as improve existing ones by performing quality research in form of interviews, workshop, group user testing with 20-30 senior managers and C-level (CEO, COO) for large to companies, institutions and agencies operating in Rwanda and Burundi.
- These companies and institutions are cooperatives, local government institutions (at imidugudu, akarere, province, ministry), advocacy groups (AVEGA, Pro Femme Twese Hamwe, PSF etc.), Banks, Telecommunication, Online services and Retail.
- At its core, it’s about deeply understanding the needs and behaviors of these users, and generating actionable insights to drive product and design strategy.
- Partner with the senior project manager, the director of sales, the field manager, the gender specialist, the statistician throughout the research and design process.
- Write reports in Kinyarwanda and English with minimal supervision.
- Write handbook of expertise in Kinyarwanda.
- Analyze and synthesize research findings into actionable insights and communicate to key stakeholders.
- Package insights into design tools and assets for the product managers and designers to leverage (i.e. personas, design principles, scenarios, frameworks, etc.)
- Adapt and innovate research practices to meet team needs under the tight timeframes of a rapidly growing company.
- Evangelize user experience research and user-centered design throughout the company.
- BA/MA degree in Economy, Psychology, Social Science or similar field preferred OR equivalent work experience
- At least 18 months of research experience at a non-profit, academic or academic institution ( i.e. research lab)
- At least 5 years experience in data collection, data cleaning, data analysis and team management.
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Command of basic statistics (t-tests, ANOVAs) and experience with statistical packages (SPSS, SAS, R, SAP)
- Experience conducting research with senior leadership (abayobozi bakuru)
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office/ Google Suite (especially Excel and PowerPoint) and internet navigation
- Excellent organizational skills, including keen attention to detail and the ability to manage time effectively, track and follow-up on various tasks, and multi-task
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and relationship management skills in Kinyarwanda, English and French.
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings as studies may require attending evening focus groups
this position requires someone high energy, with no other commitment, able to perform well under pressure and respect deadlines, processes and colleagues. Only apply, if you have all the requirements.
How to apply
- send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org + title of the job
- send a message on Linkedin to André F. Nisin
- if you have been referred by someone in Rwanda please don’t forget to write his/her name+phone number!
WE ARE ACTIVELY HIRING
IT COULD BE YOU OR YOUR FRIEND
REFERRAL INCENTIVE RWF 5,000 : please refer your friend and once he/she hired we will send you RWF5000 airtime : MTN/Airtel!