Senior statistician (Population)
(Kinyarwanda (mandatory) / French / English)
- Salary: RWF 450,000 – 600,000 (net)
- Location: Kigali OR Bujumbura OR Work from Home
- Full time, contract (no part-time)
- Start date: End July, Begining August
- Length : 1 mois.
Background of the project
- Gusoma Technology is looking to hire consultants and staffs in for a market/technical research of 500 people in Rwanda and Burundi. The aim is to better understand the characteristics of people writing in Kinyarwanda.
- Reports in Kinyarwanda + English OR French
- Handbooks of methods of Statistics in Kinyarwanda
- Explainary videos in Kinyarwanda
- BA/MSc/PhD in Statistics or Mathematics or related subjects (containing a substantial statistical component)
- Preferrably 5 years experience
- Knowledge of key technical and regulatory requirements of doing statistical work in Rwanda and Burundi
- Previously employed by the National Institute of Statistic of Rwanda OR any entities with significant level of statistical studies/work. (This is a significant advantage)
- Participated in statistical work around gender, population, development, census, economy etc. (This is a significant advantage)
- Ability to work fast, efficiently and perfectly under pressure.
- Strong statistical skills enabling provision of statistical advice and document review across a broad range of statistical applications.
- Good PC skills including working knowledge of Google Suite (Google Drive, Google Gmail, Google Docs, Google Forms etc.)
- Good knowledge of SAS, SSPS, R and experience with other statistical software.
- Good written and oral communication skills in Kinyarwanda, French and English (All 3 languages)
- Strong organisational, liaison and project management skills.
- Proven ability to work with minimum supervision while adhering to internal rules.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate complex statistical issues to non-statisticians.
- Carry out statistical tasks requiring a high level of technical training and understanding, and ensure sound technical content of deliverable.
- Provide high quality statistical support to studies including coordinating the production of tables, figures and listings, writing SAPs and selecting appropriate statistical methods, statistical sections of study protocols, estimates of sample size and general consultancy.
- Carry out the core project management duties for a team of people working on a range of project management activity to include multiple complex projects.
- Manage work load, often working across multiple studies and managing competing priorities.
- Complete work on time. Often work to timelines assigned external to Statistics.
- Work as statistical expert on medium to large scale projects, ensuring tasks are appropriately delegated to other team member. Support statisticians working on assigned projects.
- Ensure that the scope of projects is understood by the project team, and coordinate project delivery on time and within budget.
- Manage the scope of projects, including identification of work that is beyond scope or budget.
- Request and assign resource to ensure project delivery according to project timelines.
- Maintain knowledge of the relevant regulatory environment.
- Maintain good communication with the client, including the status of any assigned work and any issues including study design and conduct, and data quality.
- Engage in knowledge share activities and mentoring of other statisticians.
How to apply
- send your cv to email@example.com + title of the job
- send a message on Linkedin to André F. Nisin
- if you have been referred by someone in Rwanda please don’t forget to write his/her name+phone number!